On 24 November 2014 at 11:16, Alex Bennée
<alex@zen.linaro.local.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me>
wrote:

^^^ :-)

> Alex Bennée <alex.ben...@linaro.org> writes:
>> * KVM ioctl KVM_GET_DEBUGREGS
>>
>> This is currently x86 only and looks like it's more aimed at debug
>> registers than capability stuff. Also I'm not sure what the state of
>> this ioctl is compared to KVM_SET_GUEST_DEBUG. Do these APIs overlap or
>> is one an older deprecated x86 only API?
>
> I'm minded to re-use this ioctl and define it for ARM as reading the
> host debug architecture state ID_AA64DFR0/1_EL1. Currently for x86 it's
> used for getting vcpu debug registers which on ARM is handled via the
> GET/SET one reg interface.

This seems a bit odd. Either the x86 use of this ioctl is
for accessing guest state, in which case using it on ARM
for host state is a bit weird, or else why is x86 doing
its debug via host state and ARM using guest state?

It may well still be the best choice, but it just feels
like maybe something isn't lined up right...

-- PMM