On 2015-02-15 16:30, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 15 2015 at  3:07:50 pm GMT, Jan Kiszka <jan.kis...@web.de> wrote:
>> On 2015-02-15 15:59, Marc Zyngier wrote:

>>> Not exactly. There is a VM exit for each physical interrupt that fires
>>> while the guest is running. Injecting an interrupt also causes a VM
>>> exit, as we force the vcpu to reload its context.
>>
>> Ah, GICC != GICV - you are referring to host-side pending IRQs. Any
>> hints on how to get access to that register would accelerate the
>> analysis (ARM KVM code is still new to me).
>
> Map the GICC region in HYP using create_hyp_io_mapping (see
> vgic_v2_probe for an example of how we map GICH), and stash the read of
> GICC_HPPIR before leaving HYP mode (and before saving the guest timer).

Hacked on it until it started to work. The result delivered initially
are 0x002 or 0x01e. Then, when the guest gets stuck, I have 0x01b most
of the time (a few 0x01e arrive when there is a real host irq). The
virtual timer on speed?

Wait, there is also early printk for ARM, but it was off in my guest!
Turning it on confirms we have some problems here:

  Architected timer frequency not available
  Division by zero in kernel.

When in emulation mode, I get:

  Architected cp15 timer(s) running at 62.50MHz (virt).

Digging deeper.

Jan