On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 10:03:20AM +0000, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:

Hi Stefan, thank you very much for answering me.

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 04:53:28PM +0100, Francesc Guasch wrote:
> > I have three Ubuntu Server 14.04 trusty with KVM. Two of
> > them are HP servers and one is Dell. Both brands run fine
> > the KVM virtual servers, and I can do live migration between
> > the HPs. But I get I/O errors in the vda when I migrate to
> > or from the Dell server.
> >
> > I have shared storage with NFS, mounted the same way in all
> > of them:
> >
> > As soon as it starts in the origin console I spot I/O error
> > messages, when it finishes I got them in the console in the
> > destination server. The file system is read only and I have to
> > shut it down hard.
> >
> >     end request I/O error, /dev/vda, sector 8790327
>
> "origin console" == guest's console?

Yes, I mean I open two consoles with virt-manager, one in
the origin host and another one in the destination

> I/O errors starting while the guest is still running on the migration
> source host is strange.  I wonder if something happened to the NFS file
> related to file permissions or SELinux labels?

I think I found something checking SELinux. ls -Z and getfattr
return nothing. But ps -eZ showed something very different
in the Dell server.

This is in the HP server:
    /usr/sbin/libvirtd      1034 ?        11:51:44 libvirtd
    libvirt-09540b5d-82     701  ?        05:28:40 qemu-system-x86
    unconfined              1    ?        00:01:00 init

In the Dell server init is confined in lxc and there are also
lxc-start processes.

    /usr/sbin/libvirtd      1622 ?        05:07:07 libvirtd
    libvirt-8a0f9087-32d... 29926 ?       00:00:01 qemu-system-x86
    lxc-container-default   1774 ?        00:00:00 init
    /usr/bin/lxc-start      1763 ?        00:00:00 lxc-start

There is also LXC installed in that server ! Maybe that is messing
with kvm. The qemu processes look fine to me but there is a chance
the problem comes from there.

I could move the LXC somewhere else or I can keep it there to
try to fix this issue. What do you advice I should do now ?