On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 9:47 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi <stefa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 10:53:54AM +0800, Yong Wang wrote:
>> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 03:51:43PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> > On the QEMU side, there is no support yet for persistent memory and the
>> > NFIT tables from ACPI 6.0.  Once that (and ACPI support) is added, qboot
>> > will automatically start using it.
>> >

>> We are working on adding NFIT support into virtual bios.
>
> Great.  I asked about this on the #pmem (irc.oftc.net) IRC channel last week.
>
> Which virtual bios are you targeting?

Ping?

Interest in persistent memory is picking up and I'd like to avoid
duplicating work.  Which pieces do you have patches for?

1. QEMU -device pmem,file=/path/to/dax/file,id=pmem1 and fw_cfg/ACPI
info that gets passed to the guest
2. SeaBIOS NFIT ACPI table
3. ACPI NVDIMM DSM (probably not much needed, most features would be disabled)

Thanks,
Stefan