[I asked a similar question yesterday, but I'll try to phrase it more
concisely now.]

Hello,

I'd like to ask how I can modify protection bits of EPT page table entries.

According to the Intel manual (Table 28-6, Volume 3C), bits 0, 1, 2 of
an EPT entry indicate if a page is readable, writable, and executable,
respectively. I'd like to clear bit 0, so effectively mark the page
non-readable, and then be able to monitor read accesses to it (in
vmx.c/handle_ept_violation()).

I thought that an spte in kvm represents an EPT entry. However, mmu.c
checks the PRESENT bit on an spte, e.g., __rmap_write_protect(), which
would suggest that I completely misunderstand what's going on.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Best,
asia