Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
Evert schrieb:
Hi all,

I am about to install a new host system, which will be hosting various guest systems by means of KVM & virt-manager for GUI.

What would be the best choice for host OS distro? Red Hat, or will any mature Linux distro do? Personally I am more of a Gentoo guy, but if there is 1 distro which is clearly better as host OS when it comes to KVM+virt-manager, I am willing to use something else... ;-)

Did you try this one:

http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Main_Page

It's Debian based and have everything you need for virtualisation already prepared.

To my knowledge Proxmox does not support software RAID ( http://www.linux-kvm.com/content/kvm-83-released-support-amd-iommu-qemu-svn-merge ), unless you configure that manually...
Otherwise Proxmox is promising, yes...

Can I conclude from that that Debian is the best host distro to go for? Better than Red Hat & Gentoo?

Regards,
  Evert