In fact, my tool walks through paging data structures (entry by entry) using the function "kvm_read_guest" (sorry i don't have my machine with me right now to poste my code :-( ).
for example to read PDPTEs, I do something like this:

for(i = 0; i < 32; i= i + 8)
{
      kvm_read_guest(kvm, cr3 + i, &pdepte, 8);
}

I use the same logique for PDEs and PTEs (of couse by masking the flags bits to walk from one level to another)

I hope this explains a little more.
I'll poste more code tomorrow to give more details.