On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 00:11 +0530, kvm port wrote:
> ok, so these are a few steps to begin
> (a) add a QEMUMachine for my h/w in qemu

As an alternative, you could start exercising KVM kernel code using
kvm-userspace/test before qemu is ready.

> (b) Add arch support in kvm
>
> I have a few questions
> (a) qemu starts in user space, how would I configure my linux. Should
> the linux run in Hypervisor state and the apps run in user state, and
> nothing runs in guest state [ there are 3 states in my processor]

Are there only 3, or are there two independent dimensions
(hypervisor/guest, user/supervisor)? If there are only 3, you'll need to
figure out how to isolate guest kernel and guest userspace from each
other.

> (b) qemu starts the VM and somehow ( i dont know yet, how?) , starts
> my code in processor guest state

Why are you asking us? You are the processor expert... :)

Qemu calls into KVM via an ioctl, and processor-specific KVM code
(that's you) somehow jumps into guest mode.

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center