Kumar, Venkat wrote:
Hi Avi - Probably you can answer this question?

I'm no virtio expert; copying someone who is.

I have emulated a PCI device on Qemu and hooked my sample/simple driver to that
virtio device on the guest.

I am testing the notification from Guest-Qemu and vice-versa.

I am able to notify from Guest to Qemu but Qemu-Guest notification is not
happening.

As a part of "Kick" routine in my guest driver I could see the notification happening from
Guest-Qemu and In the Qemu process as a part of handle output for the emulated device I am simply doing
"virtio_notify(vdev, vq)" but I don't see my callback getting called which is already registered as
a part of "find_vq" in guest driver's probe.

You need to enable notifications, not sure how exactly.

BTW, the emulated device is allocated with "GSI 11" where as for other emulated devices like
"virtio-blk" is associated with GSI 10 which I found in "dmesg's". Is this a reason why
interrupt is not delivered from Qemu-Guest?

Interrupts for PCI devices are assigned based on the slots where they sit. Both GSI 10 and GSI 11 are PCI link interrupts.

signature is too narrow to contain.