Avi Kivity wrote:
Anthony Liguori wrote:
Avi Kivity wrote:

1) I'm seeing about 2.3% in scheduler functions [that I recognize].
Does that seems a bit excessive?

Yes, it is. If there is a lot of I/O, this might be due to the thread pool used for I/O.

This is why I wrote the linux-aio patch. It only reduced CPU consumption by about 2% although I'm not sure if that's absolute or relative. Andrew?
If I recall correctly, it was 2.4% and relative. But with 2.3% in scheduler functions, that's what I expected.

Was that before or after the entire path was made copyless?
If this is referring to the preadv/writev support, no, I have not tested with that.

-Andrew