Hollis Blanchard wrote:
They were generated by the old 'make sync' to remove CONFIG_ dependencies. I guess a better way to generate them is a 'make headers-install' from the kernel tree and grab the results.

'make headers_install' only produces include/asm/kvm.h, which apparently
is not sufficient.

That's a bug then. People should be able to use kvm without copying and hacking headers from the kernel source tree.

I can use output from an old 'make sync' for now, but obviously that
doesn't help with future changes to these headers. Defining a process
for updating those headers would be useful.

I plan to setup a script for that (basically an updated make sync).

--
Do not meddle in the internals of kernels, for they are subtle and quick to
panic.