I just installed XP into a new VM, specifying -smp 2 for the machine.
According to top, it's using nearly 200% of a cpu even when I'm not
doing anything.

Is this real CPU useage, or just a reporting problem (just as my disk
image is big according to ls, but isn't really)?

If it's real, is there anything I can do about it?

kvm 0.7.2 on Debian Lenny (but 2.6.29 kernel), amd64.  Xeon chips; 32
bit version of XP pro installed, now fully patched (including the
Windows Genuine Advantage stuff, though I cancelled it when it wanted to
run).

Task manager in XP shows virtually no CPU useage.

Please cc me on responses.

Thanks for any assistance.
--
Ross Boylan                                      wk:  (415) 514-8146
185 Berry St #5700                               r...@biostat.ucsf.edu