Javier Guerra wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Riccardo Veraldi
> <riccardo.vera...@cnaf.infn.it> wrote:
> > thank you very much.
> >
> > How do I know all the XML tag options ??
> >
> > how to convert from comand line quemu options into XML tags ?
> >
> > and here to put XML file ?
>
> you'll have to play around a little with a test machine before you get
> the hang of it.  the xml options are documented on the libvirt site.
> put them in /etc/libvirt/qemu/blahblahblah.xml, and the libvirtd
> daemon will pick them at startup.

With libvirt 0.6.4, you can use the "virsh domxml-from-native" tool to
convert from QEMU arguments to XML automatically:
  http://libvirt.org/drvqemu.html#xmlimport

> > about the console I used to start qemu-kvm under SCREEN program.
> > is ther another better way to have serial console ?
>
> for that i don't have any good answer.  it seems libvirt ties the qemu
> monitor with a pipe to its own process, so you don't have manual
> control anymore.
>
> i'd much prefer if it used a unix socket, so you could open it with
> socat or similar tools.

If by "serial console" you mean an actual emulated serial port, use
the <serial> tag in the XML for this.  You can point it to a socket,
actual device, TCP server, etc.
  http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsConsole

If you want access to the Qemu monitor console, Libvirt does not
provide that directly (by design), but it does use Unix sockets to
interact with the monitor, so you could in theory kill Libvirt and
talk to Qemu directly through the monitor socket in /var/run/libvirt/qemu.

-jim