Glauber Costa wrote:
On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 12:08:17PM +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
Glauber Costa wrote:
provide functions to query and reset the state of sipi and
init in cpu's apic. This way we can move the kvm specific functions
out of the apic path.

The new functions and data members are kvm specific. Please update their names to reflect that. 'sipi_needed' would be really confusing for someone reading the code from a tcg perspective (it's confusing even from a kvm perspective, but that's our problem and can be addressed later).
The idea of such series is exactly to write it in a way that is _not_
kvm specific, although kvm is the only user. So, I may change the
name if you prefer, but I would not like to introduce any "kvm" string
on it. To do that, we might as well stick with what we have.

Well, sipi_needed is certainly kvm specific, if you look at its usage. I don't see how anything else could use it.