I'm on 32-bit Linux, kernel 2.6.27.7-smp. When I moved from kvm-83 to kvm-87 plus kvm-kmod-devel-87, my Linux host VMs ran fine. But my XP0 host simply ran too slowly to be useable at all, and my Windows 7 host wouldn't boot -- just crashed and restarted early in the boot process.

Seeing the module version "-devel-87" I tried kvm-87 with the old kvm-83 kernel module (I have no idea whether this is supposed to work) and my XP image worked better, but a task such as opening Device Manager (to see if any hardware has changed) took several _minutes_ (it should take a second or so)) and still didn't work correctly.

Kvm-87 with the -83 kernel module also persuaded Windows 7 to boot, to report "new devices installed', and thereafter to work with kvm-87 plus kvm-kmod-devel-87. (Don't you love Windows's driver inflexibility :-)

So I presume that this is all down to virtual hardware changes since -83.

Before I rebuild my tired old XP0 image, however, and adopt kvm-87 for evermore, I just want to know if it's _supposed_ to work on 32-bit (Avi's post about the broken 32-bit compile of -87 due to no 32-bit test build system seemed to imply that 32-bit hosts are considered passe).

Or should I stick with the older kvm until I upgrade my OS to 64-bit?