On 07/01/2009 11:07 AM, Sheng Yang wrote:
One typo in commit: "KVM: convert custom marker based tracing to
event traces" caused:

set_cr8: #GP, reserved bits 0x7f

when try to boot up IA32e Windows guest.

One value has been written to R8 instead of specific register, then the
value of specific register can be invalid as CR8. Guest RMW it, then got
trouble.

Applied, thanks. Strange how I didn't see it - I have both Windows XP x64 and Vista x64 in my test suite.