Erik Rull wrote:
Hi Avi,

Avi Kivity wrote:
Note -usbdevice tablet is only eating your cpu.

It is not.  Unless I don't understand something.

With -usbdevice tablet mouse cursor/position is kept syncronized
without a need to grab mouse/keyboard.  This is very handy and
easy.

Right, I forgot that bit. I only remembered the better vnc behaviour on some clients.

Could you give me a hint how to manage the auto-grab of mouse and keyboard maybe with a patch? A pointer to the code where the grabbing occurs within -usbdevice tablet) would be fine - I would try to add a patch on that and also test it. Maybe it could be a new commandline option (e.g. -autograb)?

I don't understand what -autograb would do. What behavior are you looking for that's different from today?

You cannot avoid autograb if you do not have an absolute pointer device (like a usb tablet).

Regards,

Anthony Liguori