Amit Shah wrote:
Right; use virtio just as the transport and all the interesting
activity happens in userspaces. That was the basis with which I started.
I can imagine dbus doing the copy/paste, lock screen, etc. actions.

However for libguestfs, dbus isn't an option and they already have some
predefined agents for each port. So libguestfs is an example for a
multi-port usecase for virtio-serial.

Or don't use dbus and use something that libguestfs is able to embed. The fact that libguestfs doesn't want dbus in the guest is not an argument for using a higher level kernel interface especially one that doesn't meet the requirements of the interface.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori