On 08/03/2009 05:55 PM, John wrote:
Hello,

This was initially a complaint about kvm-amd "Operation not supported". However I decided to reflash my bios to an earlier version and ... problem solved, so far. If there is someway I can further things by supplying specifics about what might have changed please let me know what sort of tracing I can turn on to give a report.
I have:
MSI k9n2g-NEO (nvidia chip set)
AMD athlon X2 4800e  @ 2.5 G (says on the box it has SVM)
4G DDR2 ram 800Mhz
bios 1.2 works; bios 1.3 introduced the problem

Complain to your hardware vendor; they've messed up the bios code.