I'm trying to tinker with vhost_net. I have a 2.6.31-rc4 host kernel patched
to support vhost_net (v5) (along with ksm if it matters). The guest is a
debian-5.0.2 (2.6.26) install CD for now. When the guest tries to load the
virtio-net drivers, kvm closes and prints "vhost_net_init returned -7". KVM is
patched with your patches from 20090817.

I tried looking through the code but without adding some other debug code,
it's not obvious where exactly it's failing. Was going to see if anyone (I
know, not a lot of users yet) had any ideas before I dig too deep.

--Iggy