Daniel Bareiro wrote:
[]
But according to it seems, I could verify that the disks that are
passed with -hdX in KVM-88 are mapped in 2.6.31.2 guests like
SATA/SCSI devices. With Linux stock 2.6.26 these are mapped like IDE
disks. Can it be due to some change in the kernel code related with
KVM?

It has nothing to do with kvm.  It's different kernel options, all
kernels since very early 2.6.x are able to see ide disks as hdX or
sdX, depending on the kernel options and modules loaded.  There are 2
drivers for each IDE controller - IDE/ATA one, which creates hdX, and
PATA one which creates sdX.

According to I was investigating, I have the impression that the newest
kernels delegate this disks denomination to the use of libata. It would
be that in 2.6.26 Debian stock kernel not yet was productive to be in
experimental phase?

Debian "stock" kernel config does not enable ata devices, only ide ones.

/mjt