On Thursday 08 October 2009, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> Jens Osterkamp wrote:
> > On Wednesday 30 September 2009, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> >
> >> Please add to this list and I'll collect it all and post it somewhere.
> >>

> > What about Or Gerlitz' raw backend driver ? I did not see it go in yet, or
> > did
> > I miss something ?
> >

> The patch seems to have not been updated after the initial posting and
> the first feedback cycle.
>
> I'm generally inclined to oppose the functionality as I don't think it
> offers any advantages over the existing backends.

There are two reasons why I think this backend is important:

- As an easy way to provide isolation between guests (private ethernet
  port aggregator, PEPA) and external enforcement of network priviledges
  (virtual ethernet port aggregator, VEPA) using the macvlan subsystem.

- As a counterpart to the vhost_net driver, providing an identical
  user interface with or without vhost_net acceleration in the kernel.

        Arnd <><