On 10/14/2009 11:46 PM, Javier Guerra wrote:
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Avi Kivity<a...@redhat.com>  wrote:
Early implementations of virtio devices did not support barrier operations,
but did commit the data to disk.  In such cases, drain the queue to emulate
barrier operations.
would this help on the (i think common) situation with XFS on a
virtio-enabled VM, using LVM-backed storage; where LVM just loses
barriers.

No, it's a guest only patch. If LVM loses barriers, I don't think anything can restore them.

signature is too narrow to contain.