On 10/21/2009 12:37 PM, Amos Kong wrote:
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 09:19:50AM -0400, Michael Goldish wrote:
----- "Dor Laor"<dl...@redhat.com>  wrote:
On 10/15/2009 11:48 AM, Amos Kong wrote:
For the sake of safety maybe we should start both VMs with -snapshot.
Dor, what do you think?  Is it safe to start 2 VMs with the same disk image
when only one of them uses -snapshot?

Setup the second VM with -snapshot is enough. The image can only be R/W by 1th
VM.

Actually, I agree with Michael. If both VMs use the same disk image, it is safer to setup both VMs with "-snapshot". When the first VM writes to the disk-image the second VM may be affected.

+        nic_mode = tap
+        nic_model = e1000

Why only e1000? Let's test virtio and rtl8139 as well. Can't you
inherit the nic model from the config?

It's not just inherited, it's overwritten, because nic_model is defined
later in the file in a variants block.  So this nic_model line has no
effect.

No, this line is effective. If reserve this line, this case just test e1000,
not the default 8139.

It is overwritten for virtio and untouched for rtl8139 (BTW, we need to add rtl8139 definition instead of leaving it empty and use qemu-kvm default nic).

If you really want to only test e1000, a filter is more appropriate.

Regards,
    Uri.