> We use JGroups (Java library) for reliable multicast communication in
> our cluster manager daemon.

I doubt that there is something like 'reliable multicast' - you will run into
many problems when you try to handle errors.

> We don't worry about the performance much
> since the cluster manager daemon is not involved in the I/O path. We
> might think about moving to corosync if it is more stable than
> JGroups.

corosync is already quite stable. And it support virtual synchrony

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_synchrony

Anyways, I do not know JGroups - maybe that 'reliable multicast' solves all
network problems somehow - Is there any documentation about how they do it?

- Dietmar