Hello:

I am using Cacti to monitor traffic usage on my network.

According to what I am reading, snmpd can report traffic
stats to Cacti.

Running netstat -in on the host, I see this output:

Kernel Interface table
Iface       MTU Met    RX-OK RX-ERR RX-DRP RX-OVR    TX-OK TX-ERR TX-DRP
TX-OVR Flg
br0        1500   0   237609      0      0      0    13615      0      0
0 BMRU
eth0       1500   0   967594      0      0      0   354576      0      0
0 BMRU
lo        16436   0       63      0      0      0       63      0      0
0 LRU
virbr0     1500   0        0      0      0      0       32      0      0
0 BMRU
vnet0      1500   0    29802      0      0      0   306940      0      0
0 BMRU
vnet1      1500   0   311556      0      0      0   789331      0      0
0 BMRU

Each guest runs a bridge interface with a static IP address.
Looking at the firewall logs vnet1 is connected to guestA and
vnet0 is connected to guestB.  Will that ever change if I reboot
the host or the guests?  If it does, that would be a problem.

Are there any pitfalls of using this approach?

I am looking for a solution where I do not need to run anything
on the guests.

Thanks,
        Neil

Will your e-commerce site go offline if you have
a DB server failure, fiber cut, flood, fire, or other disaster?
If so, ask about our geographically redundant database system.