On 10/29/2009 08:37 PM, Danny ter Haar wrote:
Update:
I compiled/installed 2.6.32-rc5-git3 on this machine

I manually start kvm:

vhost1:~# kvm -m 512 -cdrom  /vz/template/iso/debian-503-amd64-netinst.iso

The bootscreen comes up, i hit enter to install and i get these messages
(copied from dmesg)

handle_exception: unexpected, vectoring info 0x80000010 intr info 0x80000b0d
handle_exception: unexpected, vectoring info 0x8000000d intr info 0x80000b0d
[this line is repeated many times:
dmesg |grep 0x80000b0d | wc -l
570 ]
and finally before ending the kvm session i get:
vmx_handle_exit: unexpected, valid vectoring info (0x8000000d) and exit reason
is 0x80000021

Can somebody make a slightly related guess what this means ?

Can't guess, so a debugging patch.

Please install a kvm.git kernel and qemu.git qemu, both from the simultaenous-exceptions branch. kvm.git is very similar to 2.5.32-rc5, except for kvm changes. Please enable ftrace in the kernel.

For starters, run your guest; instead of dmesg errors it should print something on stderr and freeze. Please report those messages, as well as the output of the following monitor commands:

  (qemu) info registers
  (qemu) x/30i $eip-20

You can find kvm.git and qemu-kvm.git in

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm.git
  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/qemu-kvm.git

remember, the simultaneous-exceptions branch, or we don't get any output.