In case of a single video card in the system, it would be wonderful to be able to suddenly give the video card as passthrough to the guest removing it from the host. Since the video card internal state is unknown to the guest, the guest should then re-initialize it with some help of a guest driver. For example it could act like resuming the graphics from standby.
Giving the video card back to the host would need some kind of a hotkey.
While the video card is at the host, the guest graphics would be invisible (not windowed). Alternatively the guest could be frozen.

Would that be anyhow feasible?

That would be just great for the people who use Windows for videogames

Thank you
Asdo

Han, Weidong wrote:
Passthrough graphic card to guest can satisfy your requirement. Currently it's
not supported in kvm, but we have a plan to support it, but you still need wait
for a while.

I think sharing the host graphics power is not easy to implement.

Regards,
Weidong