On 11/14/2009 04:23 PM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
I just tried paravirtualized virtio block devices, and my tests show
that they are approximately 30% slower than emulated IDE devices. I'm
guessing this isn't normal. Is this a known issue or am I likely to have
mosconfigured something? I'm using 64-bit RHEL/CentOS 5 (both host and
guest).

Please try to change the io scheduler on the host to io scheduler, it should boost your performance back.

Thanks.

Gordan