On 11/15/2009 05:55 PM, Thomas Treutner wrote:
On Sunday 15 November 2009 14:05:52 Neil Aggarwal wrote:
I prefer AMD CPUs, they give you a better bang for the buck.
Besides that, I don't think they would be any technical
differences, they are supposed to be completely compatible.
I have seen no evidence to the contrary.
Isn't AMD the only one who has hardware support for nested virtualization? Or
isn't that true any longer?

No, the Core i7 has ept which is the Intel equivalent.

Anyways, I'm just curious, as this feature is
primarily interesting for development, IMHO.

No, it's primarily interesting for performance.