On Thursday 10 December 2009 17:14:40 Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Avi Kivity wrote:
> > On 12/10/2009 06:42 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> >> I've just (forced-)pushed the "simple" version with
> >> /usr/include/kvm-kmod as destination. The user headers are now stored
> >> under usr/include in the kvm-kmod sources and installed from there.
> >>

> > It's customary to install to /usr/local, not to /usr (qemu does the same).

Right. Specifically, an install from source should go to /usr/local/include
by default, while a distro package should override the path to go to
/usr/include, which the current version easily allows.

This also means that qemu will have to look in three places now,
/usr/local/include/kvm-kmod, /usr/include/kvm-kmod and /usr/include.
Adding /usr/local/include probably doesn't hurt but should not be
necessary.

> Adjusted accordingly. Moreover, I only install the target arch's header now.

Looks good now.

        Arnd