On 12/15/2009 09:04 PM, Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues wrote:
On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Jiri Zupka<jzu...@redhat.com>  wrote:
Hello,
  we write KSM_overcommit test. If we calculate memory for guest we need to know
which architecture is Guest. If it is a 32b or 32b with PAE or 64b system.
Because with a 32b guest we can allocate only 3100M +-.

Currently we use the name of disk's image file. Image file name ends with 64 or
32.
Is there way how we can detect if guest machine run with PAE etc.. ?
Do you think that kvm_autotest can define parameter in kvm_tests.cfg which
configure determine if is guest 32b or 32b with PAE or 64b.

Hi Jiri, sorry for taking long to answer you, I am reviewing the
overcommit test.

About your question, I'd combine your approach of picking if host is
32/64 bit from the image name with looking on /cat/cpuinfo for PAE
support.

We might keep in KISS for the time being since 99% hosts installation are 64 bit only and many times only the guest can turn on PAE to practically use it.

So I'll go with naming only.

Let's go with this approach for the final version of the test, OK?

Thanks and congrats for the test, it's a great piece of work! More
comments soon,