On Sunday, 24 January 2010 15:33:21 +0100,
André Weidemann wrote:

> Hi,

Hi, André.

> is there a mechanism inside qemu-kvm that can shutdown the OS inside a
> VM when the qemu-kvm process receives a kill signal?
> I am running Windows7 Pro inside a VM and I would like kvm to shut the
> Windows system down before the process is killed.
> I know that VMware can shut down the guest OS when stopping the VMware
> instance. Is there a similar feature in KVM?

It is an interesting question :-)

I know that this can be done with libvirt. I had tested it with
GNU/Linux and it worked. I don't use Windows, so I cannot help you in
this sense.

But also it would interest to me to know if this can be done without
using libvirt.

Regards,
Daniel
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37