sati...@pacific.net.hk wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Thanks for your advice.
>
>> Just qemu-img convert the image to raw and use that as disk image in
>> vbox. Make sure you configure your vm to the same hw as on kvm (apic,
>> piix3, etc)
>
> Could you please explain in more detail "... configure your vm to the
> same hw as on kvm (apic, piix3, etc)"?  The image file of vm is
> *.qcow2.  I'll run VirtualBox on KVM if possible.  The former is
> desktop virtualization.  Ah a further thought can convert vm across
> PCs?  That is VirtualBox is running on another PC.

VBox doesn't work with KVM. They're basically rivaling products. Though
I'd love to see VBox adapt to make use of the KVM kernel module.

I'm sorry I can't help you on the configuration bits any more. The only
time I ever used VBox was to do a patch that allows VBox and KVM to
coexist. Just go through the virtual machine configuration things and
try out to change settings until it works.

>> But seriously, why would anyone want to go this direction?
>
> I can't get sound work on vm.  Therefore I expect trying VirturlBox to
> check whether it can sort out this problem.  I'll run VirtualBox on
> KVM if possible.  The former is desktop virtualization.

Nope, not possible atm.

Alex