On 03/09/2010 04:30 PM, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 09:47:38PM +0100, Thomas Treutner wrote:
Hi,

I'm referring to this patchset

http://www.mail-archive.com/kvm@vger.kernel.org/msg23810.html

of Marcelo Tosatti. It seems it was never included or even discussed, although
it's nearly half a year old. I wonder if there is a good reason for that? I'd
like to use the steal time for my VMs, as I consider it useful in some cases.

There is a problem with it: stolen time is accounted separately (in
addition to) user/system/idle.

And as you noted there seems to be lack of interest in the feature.

More like a lack of time to implement it properly for KVM.

I know it is a useful feature for system administrators, and
should probably try to get it reimplemented so it works right
and with lower overhead than full schedstats (I have some
ideas on how to achieve that).

Thanks for reminding me of this project :)