Chris Wright wrote:
> * Alexander Graf (ag...@suse.de) wrote:
>
>> Kenni Lund wrote:

>>> Unfortunately, I have a correction to this :( It _almost_ works. I had
>>> some video/audio artifacts which I though was caused by bad reception,
>>> but after switching the DVB-T tuner back and forth between the PCI USB
>>> card and a laptop, it got clear to me, that this was a passthrough
>>> issue. I get no errors in dmesg on the host or in the guest.
>>>
>>> I recorded a short videoclip which illustrates the issue:
>>> https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B-_nZameGeN-NDk4YzQ3N2EtMmEzMi00NTU4LWFjMjgtNzkxMzcxYzg2MTM1&hl=en
>>>

>> Hrm, I'm not sure these would be related to the small BAR region patch.
>> It looks more like a timing issue.
>>

> small BAR == slow path == timing issue?

Could be, yeah. The only chance I see to avoid that is to have in-kernel
small BAR code that would issue the MMIO accesses without the userspace
churn. One thing I could imagine would be < PAGE_SIZE memory slots. Then
userspace just maps the 4K to the BAR, but passes only a part of it on
as slot.

Alex