Hi Experts,

I have successfully used VD-t pci passthrough for PCI-E based NICs in KVM.

I'm trying to pass a PCI-E x8 MegaRaid 9240 SAS raid card to a KVM guest.

However, the device driver in the guest can't initialize the Card. It seems that
the driver is trying to RESET the card, however, the card is not in a state that
can be reset (maybe because the host driver already done that?) after some
waiting the guest driver put the device into DEAD. Need to restart the host to
wake it up.

I'm just wondering can these kind of devices be passed to the guest?

Also, at the boot of the host, there is a POST screen showing that the MegaRaid
card is looking for drives, etc. Naively thinking, should we see the same post
screen in the GUEST?

Thank a lot!

-Yushu