On 05/14/2010 12:37 PM, Dirk Gouders wrote:
Even after extensive searching/reading, I am not sure if it possible to
prevent a PCI card from sharing an interrupt with other devices or
probably manually assign a free interrupt to that card via some kernel
parameter and would be glad if someone could give me an answer to that
question.

There is an ACPI _SRS method which can be used to move interrupts
around.  However Linux doesn't appear to expose it.  Even if it did,
the interrupt may be shared on the motherboard, in which case nothing
would help (though you might be able to share it with unused devices).
You mean by providing a custom DSDT, right?
A quick look in drivers/acpi/pci_link.c shows a TBD comment mentioning
_SRS but I will have to have a deeper look at this subject, because its
quite new to me.

No, there should be an _SRS method in your existing DSDT. But Linux doesn't call it (except after resume etc.) and doesn't allow the user to use _SRS to move interrupts around.

--
Do not meddle in the internals of kernels, for they are subtle and quick to
panic.