On 05/24/2010 12:15 AM, Riccardo wrote:

Please try with kvmclock disabled.
I have recompile gentoo-sources-2.6.34 without kvm-clock:
# cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
tsc
# dmesg | grep clock
[    0.000000] hpet clockevent registered
[    0.661050] Switching to clocksource tsc

And with this kernel all working fine! (emerge -e world)
It's a problem in the kvm-clock for kernel>=2.6.32

Can you provide the traces with kvmclock enables so we can see what went wrong?