On Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 12:42:27, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:

> I am attempting to get sound working on a W2K server and failing
> horribly :( The sound device was picked up correctly as a ES1370 and
> shows as being functional; yet when I rdesktop -r sound:remote
> <server name> and run Media Player it reports that it is unable to open the
> device.

If you're using a terminal services connection to the machine, it
doesn't need a sound card - sound is provided by the remote service
itself. Note however that Windows 2000 doesn't support sound through
terminal connection - you need XP or newer.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

Pills to be taken in twos always come out of the bottle in threes.
       -- Davis's Basic Law of Medicine