On 08/17/2010 12:22 AM, Alex Rixhardson wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried with the netperf. I ran netserver on host and netperf on RHEL
5.5 and RHEL 4.5 guests. This are the results of 60 seconds long
tests:

RHEL 4.5 guest:
Throughput (10^6bits/sec) = 145.80

At least it bought you another 5Mb/s over iperf ...

It might be time related, 5.5 has kvmclock but rhel4 does not.
If it's 64 bit guest add this to the 4.5 guest cmdline 'notsc divider=10'. If it's 32 use 'clock=pmtmr divider=10'.
The divider is probably new and is in rhel4.8 only, it's ok w/o it too.

What's the host load for the 4.5 guest?

RHEL 5.5 guest:
Throughput (10^6bits/sec) = 3760.24

The results are really bad on RHEL 4.5 guest. What could be wrong?

Regards,
Alex