On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 03:29:35PM +0200, Conrad Wood wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-09-19 at 09:26 -0400, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 08:38:12AM +0200, Gleb Natapov wrote:
> > > Known problem in qemu. There was a patch for this, but qemu maintainers
> > > think it is not good enough.
> > Old versions of kvm do work - for example, qemu-kvm-0.12.5 works for
> > me.
> hm... that's the version I am using und it does not work here ;(
> the hotplug itself seems to work but they're reported as halted.
> Could you confirm that the cpus in the monitor as reported by "info
> cpus" are not reported as "(halted)" ?

I sent my email before I saw that you and Gleb had continued the
thread.

It works in the sense that if I run two cpu hogs in a guest with one
cpu I use only one host cpu used.  When I turn on an additional guest
cpu, I see two host cpus being used.

But otherwise, "info cpus" does seem inaccurate.

-Kevin