On 09/19/2010 02:15 AM, Zachary Amsden wrote:
commit 1abe7e8806fd71ea802c6622ed3ce7821a18f271
Author: Zachary Amsden<zams...@redhat.com>
Date:   Sat Sep 18 13:58:37 2010 -1000

     Fix kvmclock bug

I think there's some redundancy here. Anyone who has tracked your kernel work knows you've done a lot of work on kvmclock, so "Fix bug" would be just as descriptive. Of course, if we fix something, it's because it was a bug, so "Fix" is all that's really necessary ("bug" would be reserved for commits that introduce bugs). In the case of kvmclock, it's hard to see how new features could be added, and it has a pretty bad history of bugs, so most readers would probably deduce that a commit fixes a bug. I don't really see why you wrote a subject line at all.

signature is too narrow to contain.