On 10/11/2010 08:49 AM, Neo Jia wrote:
On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 11:30 PM, Avi Kivity<a...@redhat.com>  wrote:
>    On 10/11/2010 07:46 AM, Neo Jia wrote:
>>
>>  BTW, I have a question about saving FPU, especially those XMM
>>  registers. I don't see an explicit save FPU after exiting guest due to
>>  an exception (MMIO writes). The only thing I saw about fpu operation
>>  is fpu restore right before loading guest.
>>
>>  Is there anything I missed here?
>
>  kvm_put_guest_fpu.

I found that function and it will be called by vcpu_put eventually
inside kvm_arch_vcpu_ioctl_run, but kvm_mmu_page_fault is called much
earlier than that inside kvm exit exception handler. so, the fxsave
data for the guest image might not be saved at that moment, when I am
going to emulate this instruction?

Just call it when you want to be sure it is in memory.