Am 19.10.2010 um 16:06 schrieb Marcelo Tosatti <mtosa...@redhat.com>:

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 12:57:29AM +0200, Alexander Graf wrote:
>>
>> On 19.10.2010, at 00:35, Scott Wood wrote:
>>
>>> Fix an unresolved symbol with CONFIG_KVM_GUEST plus CONFIG_RELOCATABLE on
>>> Book E.
>>
>> Thanks, applied to the kvm-ppc-next tree.
>>
>> Avi, could you please pull my tree asap? That breakage is pretty bad
>> and all my fault :(.
>
> Done.

Thanks :).

>> It might be good if we could have a stable update
>> for that particular patch as well. Should I add a stable tag in the
>> patch description for that?
>
> Please do it yourself (active trees are 2.6.35 and 2.6.32), since we

Ah, thanks for the hint there. So I'll manage stable parts for kvm-ppc myself
and do not go through your stable queue in general? Sounds good to me, just
want to verify.

> have no way to test it. Wait for it to be merged in linux-2.6.git,
> then send the patch (specifying which kernel it applies to) to
> sta...@kernel.org.
>
> Ah, there is no need to backport it, the code is not in linux-2.6.git.

It didn't make it there yet? Interesting. Seems like pretty long delays between
kvm.git and linux-2.6.git then. That code is months old :). That makes this
matter a lot easier though. Thanks for checking before I emberass myself :).

Alex