On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 13:26 +0200, "Michael S. Tsirkin" <m...@redhat.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:48:57PM +0530, Krishna Kumar2 wrote:
> > > Krishna Kumar2/India/IBM wrote on 10/28/2010 10:44:14 AM:
> In practice users are very unlikely to pin threads to CPUs.

I may be misunderstanding what you're referring to. It caught my
attention since I'm working on a configuration to do what you say is
unlikely, so I'll chime in for what it's worth.

An option in Vyatta allows assigning CPU affinity to network adapters,
since apparently seperate L2 caches can have a significant impact on
throughput.

Although much of their focus seems to be on commercial virtualization
platforms, I do see quite a few forum posts with regard to KVM.
Mabye this still qualifies as an edge case, but as for virtualized
routing theirs seems to offer the most functionality.

http://www.vyatta.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2697

-cb