On 12/04/2010 03:30 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
On 12/04/2010 02:13 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
On 12/04/2010 12:45 AM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
hlt exiting doesn't leave vcpu in the halted state (since hlt has not been executed). So currently we never see a vcpu in halted state.

Right, you mean the guest activity state being halt.

My understanding is that it just needs to be cleared on exception injection. Would could clear it at every vmentry but that would introduce a vmcs_read() to the fast path which is undesirable.

Also need to skip the hlt instruction (by calling the emulator for example).

I wasn't sure about this. Don't you want EIP to point to the beginning of the instruction such that the exception will cause the instruction to restart?

An interrupt causes the HLT to complete execution. APF completion counts as an interrupt in this case.