On 01/25/2011 04:27 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
It boils down to how we reasonably pass a kvm_state reference from
machine init code to a sysbus device. I'm probably biased, but I don't
see any way that does not work against the idea of confining access to
kvm_state or breaks device instantiation from the command line or a
config file.

I'm biased in the other direction, but I agree.

Just #include "kvm.h" and reference the global kvm_state once in the initfn. We don't have to solve this problem yet. References to the global kvm_state become placeholders of where things need to be fixed up.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori