Some time ago in this list it was mentioned that old kernels pre-2.6.28
don't work well with KVM.
(in particular we have a machine with 2.6.24)

Unfortunately the type of problem was not mentioned in the posts I could
find. Is that a performance problem, a stability problem, or a data
corruption problem... ?

And I would also like to know if the "problem" can be worked around by
installing a new kvm-kmod like 2.6.36.2  or we really need to upgrade
the whole kernel to get rid of it.

(I was thinking at installing a new qemu-kvm like the 0.12.5 on that)

Thank you in advance