Prasad Joshi wrote:

I was previously seeing a problem with the ROM BIOS, but I could solve
it by passing a correct BIOS file in function assigned_initfn. For now
I am using hardcoded file name in the code.

Did you recheck video bios inside guest? (for example in sysfs)

If this is bootstrap vga, guest linux kernel will use bios copy placed at
0xc0000.
But in my setup qemu can only pass first 32k of option-roms,
due to curruption at seabios shadow-copying stage.
(seems like because improper i440fx PAM registers emulation)